Looking for the Best humidifier? Authority Baby has honest Guide and Reviews on Humidifiers from the unbiased experts you can believe.
Humidifiers are essential systems manufactured with a purpose of addBESing moisture to the air in houses or even buildings. Humidifiers provide steam or water vapor so as to increase relative humidity levels.Humidity is the water vapor found in the air and it varies depending on the season.
During summer the humidity levels are high and low during winter. The benefit of a humidifier is to ensure that the humidity is neither too high nor too low in your house.
When humidity is low some of its negative side effects include irritation in the nasal passages, causes dry skin, causes itchy eyelids and dries the throat with a cough. When the humidity is high it causes your home to feel stuffy, condensation on your windows, activates unsafe dust mites, mold, mildew and bacteria and it also helps in promoting allergy breakouts like asthma.
There are quite a number of humidifiers in the market today; all you have to do is identify your needs, taste, and preferences so as to ensure that you purchase the top humidifier in the market. The finest humidifier is one that is ideal for the room or space you desire to standardize humidity. Outlined are some of the tpµop humidifiers in the market.
Finding the best humidifier in the market and for your needs IS NOT AN EASY Task. Which one should you choose? We’ll figure it out soon!
1-Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier
This Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist is in a position to keep the air moisturized for around 16 hours continuously. You can comfortably breathe as well as sleep in more restful manner.
It has 1.5 liters (3785ml/53 ounces) that can comfortably provide for your bedrooms, bathrooms, spas, salons, kitchens, offices and any other rooms that are middle-sized.
It has a 3600 mist nozzle that also comes with a dual-speed control so as to make controlling the mist speed and direction quite easy for you.
It also comes with an automatic shut-off that automatically shuts off the humidifier in case the water level runs too low or if you happen to remove the water tank.
It also has a night light that offers a soft glow so as to ensure that you get to relax as much as possible.
If you do not like the night soft glow you can as well as shut it off. The Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier is able to instantly humidify any room you desire.
It is a table-top humidifier that can fit just about any house decor and it is also packed with other additional features just to ensure that you get to breathe quality air.
With this humidifier, you can comfortably say goodbye to irritated sinuses, sore throats as well as dry coughs.
2-Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier: For Babies
The Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is able to dispense 99.9% germ-free mist.
This humidifier comes with a germ-killing technology that is in a position to kill fungus, bacteria, mold and mold spores and viruses.
It relies on ultraviolet technology to achieve this function. Unlike other humidifiers, the Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is equipped with Honeywell’s Quiet Care technology that ensured that this humidifier operates quietly.
It has the ability to offer up to 24 hours continuous operation, with just a single water reservoir that is able to hold 2 gallons. The best part about his humidifier is the fact that it is quite easy to carry, fill as well as clean.
It has a Protec Antimicrobial treated filter that plays that major role of maintaining moisture balance, especially in a small room. This humidifier is ideal for your office, living room, spa, salons, and bath; basically anywhere where you need beneficial humidified air. It is also able to relieve dry nasal passages, cracking and peeling skin, dry and scratchy throat and winter-dry skin.
It also has a self-regulation evaporative system that automatically adjusts moisture to the required level.
This exceptional humidifier has removable parts that are dishwasher safe hence making it quite easy to clean.
3-BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
This humidifier is known for its versatility as well as it is easy to use. The best part about the BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier is the fact that it can emit either a warm or cool humidifying mist.
It also comes with several additional features that ensure that the humidifier remains hygienic as well as convenient.
It has an internal hygrostat and soft-touch controls that allow the setting of the humidity level according to your desire.
You are also able to see the level of your humidity to an LCD display on the humidifier. It has a titanium coated diaphragm whose main purpose is to ensure that you get to enjoy years of lasting service.
This component ensures that you are in a position to enjoy moisturized air and at the same time deal with dry skin and sinuses.
This hygienic and safe humidifier comes with Ag+ demineralization cartridge, ultrasonic vibrations and Hydro Cell that ensure that hard mineral content remain low and at the same time cleans the water and keeps microbes in check.
This humidifier is ideal for creating a comfortable interior environment when it comes to relative humidity level. It is the best for al mid-sized rooms.
4-TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Bedroom
This ultrasonic humidifier fills a room with clean air that is crisp and odorless. It is so silent, you would not know it is in the room. You can get up to 10 hours of continuous mist if the large 3.5-litre water tank is filled. This 8.74 x 8.03 x 12.20-inch humidifier fits perfectly in a home or office setting.
The flow of mist can always be controlled with the classic control knob that comes with it. It is designed to detect when the water in the water tank is low. When this happens, a warning red LED indicator comes on, and prompts the humidifier to shut down automatically.
Weighing 40 ounces only, its extra fine ceramic filter ensures that the water vapor released is clean and pure as it filters away bad odor, harmful bacteria, and water impurity.
It is capable of circulating mist in two directions at the same time thanks to its double 360-degree rotatable mist nozzles.
This can serve a space of up to 150 metre-cube or 5,297 cube-feet at its maximum output of 330 ml/h or 0.08 gallon per hour.
5-TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier for Bedroom with No Noise
This humidifier has an upgraded LED display that is beautiful to look at. Besides the upgraded LED display, it also has a built-in timer, a sleep mode, and a 360-degree rotatable nozzle. It measures 8.1 x 5.3 x 11.3 inches.
It is so silent when it is working, you can afford to put it by your bedside without fear of having to be woken up by a loud sound.
If the 4-litre water tank is filled, it can work for 15 hours straight. It uses its microporous cartridge to filter water from impurities like bad odor and micro organisms.
One standout feature is the ability to set the humidity level. This allows the user to set the humidity level at an ideal range where it would neither be too hot or too cold.
6-BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7135
This humidifier offers a choice between a warm and cool mist. Beautifully designed with a handle and a digital display, it can effectively serve a room of up to 650 square feet.
It weighs only 8 pounds and measures 15.2 x 8.8 x 15.4 inches. Its water tank contains as much as 1.8 gallons which allow it to run for a very long time. With the help of the Hydro Cell, the water stays fresh for a long period too.
At night when you want to go to bed, you can put it on night mode and you would get the silence you need to grab a sound sleep. The digital display is also self-explanatory and would remind you on when it needs to be refilled as well as when it needs to be cleaned.
7-PureGuardian H4610 120-Hour Ultrasonic Warm
For those who want to humidify a medium to large room, this humidifier is just perfect. It offers an electronic control option for choosing any of a 3-speed setting, 12-hour timer, and night light. With a large 2 gallon capacity, it can run for as much as 120 hours.
It does not support the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the water tank. Its silver clean protection ensures that.
It disperses warm or cool mist based on the option that suits you best. It works great for those suffering from allergies, cold, and dry skin.
It weighs 5.6 pounds and measures 8 x 15.6 x 11.5 inches.
This Vornado humidifier uses vortex circulation to humidify a room as large as 600 square feet. It leaves the room very comfortable.
There are push button controls which are easy to use as you choose your preferred humidity. The LED lights that make it easy to confirm settings. It uses an electronic humidistat to automatically control humidity. If you prefer, the humidistat can be allowed to run continuously. The fan has three speed settings of low, high, and auto.
It has a one-gallon water tank capacity and can produce a 2-gallon output daily. This humidifier which weighs about 6.1 pounds is made for 120 volts only. One of the ways through which this humidifier maintains an even room temperature is by recovering heat from the ceiling and circulating it.
Lots of kids have benefited from the use of humidifiers in treating cracked lips, dry skin, nagging cough, and stuffy noses. It remains a very popular tool for parents.
Although humidifiers are used by parents to treat problems, a humidifier may also harbor a deadly mold or bacteria if it is not used properly. To avoid such an occurrence, here are some quick tips for using a humidifier safely:
1. MONITOR HUMIDITY LEVEL: Molds are known to grow in spaces that are over-humidified. Depending on the season, the level of humidity changes constantly.
It is typically higher during summer months. The most likely rooms in a home that are usually warm and damp enough for molds to grow are the bathrooms and kitchens. The best thing to do is to use a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level of a room or buy a humidifier with an in-built humidistat.
Your aim is to have the rooms in your home maintain less than 50 percent of humidity as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. REGULARLY CLEAN THE HUMIDIFIER: One other environment where mold thrives is in dirty water. Chances are that the left over water in the humidifier may be contaminated.
To be certain that the water in the humidifier is clean, always empty the tank on a daily basis. Before refilling it, take some time to clean the tank and have it dried properly. As an addition, in the space of three days, use Hydrogen Peroxide which kills bacteria and is known to be less noxious than bleach to clean the humidifier.
As a safety precaution, always unplug the humidifier before having it cleaned or while refilling it. Be sure to keep the area of the humidifier dry and also clean it before and after storing it.
3. ALWAYS MAKE USE OF DISTILLED WATER: Tap water typically contains minerals which over time may build up in the humidifier and encourage the growth of bacteria.
Tap water is best avoided. It is highly recommended to use demineralized or distilled water. If you see any deposit or film in the process of cleaning the humidifier, do not fail to have it removed.
4. INSTAL NEW FILTERS: Manufacturers of humidifiers do have a recommended period of having the filters changed.
Be sure to follow their instructions. However, if it happens that your humidifier gets quite dirty before the recommended period, do not fail to replace the filter immediately.
5. BE CREATIVE: There are always alternatives. Try all you can to explore ways to manage the humidity of your home.
For instance, when you are alone in the house and have to bathe, the bathroom door may be left open to increase the level of humidity. If your challenge is to treat a dry skin or so, options like taking fruits and using healthy lotions exist.
In truth, there is a great need to use a humidifier safely. Humidifiers are designed to help parents treat dry skin and its likes.
Care should be taken to ensure it does not turn out to be a nest for molds and bacteria which may cause a child to develop allergies or asthma.
The Pros and Cons of Humidifiers
There are lots of Humidifiers designed to suit different climates and seasons. Regardless of the type, they make life comfortable for people. Here are some of the pros and cons of Humidifiers:
1. Cleanliness: Humidifiers are usually easy to clean. This is a good thing considering that cleaning them is meant to be a daily thing. It would have been terrible if what is expected to be cleaned everyday is difficult to clean. The task is made much easier as they use filters to capture impurities.
2. Maintenance: It does not cost tons of money to maintain a Humidifier. Designed to be simple, there are few parts which are liable to break down and require maintenance to be done on it. Their simplicity explains a lot why their cost of maintenance is quite low or nonexistent.
3. Cost: It does not cost so much to own a Humidifier. With the different designs and types available, Humidifiers are very affordable across board and can be fitted into a tight budget.
4. Quiet: There is no fear of your beauty sleep being troubled as you use a Humidifier. They are so silent, you can even have it placed by your bedside without even realizing it is there. It goes about its functionality without disturbing the peace of anyone in the room.
5. Cold/Flu: Humidity has always caused people to suffer from the flu and various other ailments. By controlling the humidity of a room, this challenge has been effectively tackled with the proper use of Humidifiers. The chances of suffering from cold or the flu is greatly reduced for people who make use of them.
1. Children's Safety: As great as Humidifiers are, they pose a potential physical threat to children. Leaving a child alone in a room with a Humidifier may result in the child going to push against it. If it falls on the child, injuries might be sustained. In as much as children also need the benefits of a Humidifier, it requires that an adult be around constantly.
2. Contamination: There is always a chance of a Humidifier being contaminated by bacteria. This is one of its drags. Care always has to be taken to prevent this through proper cleaning and other preventive measures. The fact that the water used is a stagnant one and is never boiled, there is always the chance of it being contaminated with bacteria.
3. Mineral Dust: The accumulutaion of mineral dust is one disadvantage associated with the use of Humidifiers. This is a result of a regular use of mineralized water. Over time, it accumulates to form lots of harmful mineral dust.
4. Energy Efficiency: They are not necessarily efficient when it comes to the matter of energy. In a world where being efficient is the watchword, some Humidifiers fall short in that regard. Owners are then forced to deal with high energy costs.
Getting the best out of Humidifiers require that they be cleaned on a regular basis and properly taken care of. They afford so many benefits and their disadvantages are few and quite negligible.
When it comes to selecting the perfect humidifier there are a number of things you must put into consideration if you want the best there is. These things include:
Nothing beats being safe regardless of what one does. It becomes more important when you want to run with strollers. To ensure your safety and that of the baby, adopt these top 10 tips for running with Strollers the next time you hit the road:
1. Consider Your Baby's Age: If you have a child under six months, ensure that you use a car seat adapter for your baby or babies. This ensures the stability of a baby's head and neck as it reduces the chance of the baby getting bounced around too much. If a car seat adapter, avoid running with a baby under six months.
2. Lock The Front Wheel: It is safe to lock the front wheel in place to prevent the strollers from turning suddenly. As a result, you do not crash or fall.
3. Strap Your Baby: Once you strap your child with a harness, there is no fear of the baby falling out or getting shaken. A harness prevents the child from reaching out and getting fingers caught in the wheels.
4. Do Not Run Near Cars: Bike paths, parks, and sidewalks are some of the best places to run with strollers. Such areas take away the worries of being stuck in traffic or running near cars.
5. Avoid Running Hands-Free: The idea of running hands free may be appealing but it is risky. It is possible for the strollers to run away from you. You definitely do not want to put the life of your child and anyone around you at risk.
6. Schedule Runs: It is preferable to run before nap-time. Your baby is most likely to go to sleep following the movement of the strollers as you run. This is better than running with strollers when your baby is hungry and unlikely to sit comfortably.
7. Control The Stroller: Always be in control. There is no need to run too fast and not be able to stop the stroller if the need for it arises.
8. Respect Race Rules: If you take part in a race that allows running with strollers, make sure you adhere to the specific rules they issue. This is the best way to be assured of your safety and that of the baby.
9. Observe The Weather: You have to protect your child from the elements. If the weather is cool, make sure to bundle your baby up. You may get warm as you run but the baby will not. If the day is warm, however, do not overdress the baby. Observe the weather at all times in order to dress your child appropriately.
10. Mix It Up: A toddler or preschooler may get restless in a strollers. You can scale this challenge by allowing for a little break. Let them out to play for a bit in order to keep them happy and comfortable.
As you go for a run with strollers, adopt these tips to keep yourself and the baby safe.
There are lots of strollers to choose from in the market. This means that investing in strollers is not as easy as a walk in the park. The challenge of having different types of strollers to choose from will not be a worry once you know why it's worth it to invest in a quality stroller. The reasons are:
1. Longevity: Cheap strollers do not last as long as quality ones. The build of a quality jogging or double jogging strollers prevents it from vibrating or wobbling excessively as you jog with it. Since your baby is likely to use the strollers for some years, investing in a good stroller that lasts will save you a lot of money, time and resources in the long run.
2. Daily Exercise: Your desire to exercise does not have to suffer because you need to stay at home and look after your kids. Investing in a good strollers makes it possible for you to go for a jog with your baby or preschoolers. This can be a motivation for you to go for a jog almost every day. As you keep your body in shape, the kids will also have a lot of fun and take in some fresh air when you go out with them.
3. Great Functionality: Cheap strollers offer the bare basics. While this may seem affordable at the time, the features it lacks will tell in the long run. A good jogging strollers come with an adjustable handle bar which can be set to suit the height of a parent as he or she pushes the stroller. Another great to have feature are air-filled wheels. Unlike wheels made of plastic, these bicycle-like wheels are suitable for most terrains. You can find more features in a quality stroller.
4. Convenience: It is important to prioritize convenience and portability when you decide to invest in strollers. The key to having a great experience when you go out with your kids in a stroller is to choose one that offers convenience. Some considerations may include ease of folding it with one hand, not being too heavy, among other great features.
5. Good Resale Value: A good quality stroller does not end its life cycle with you. By the time your baby grows and has no need for the strollers anymore, it will still be good enough to be resold. It is possible to recoup some money you invested when you sell it as a used stroller. The quality of the strollers will make it remain in good conditions
Although it is not an easy task to pick a stroller from the various types available in the market, your role is to find a balance between the price of a stroller and the value which it offers. Considering that the benefits of investing in a good stroller outweighs the price, it is best for parents to go for it. Put simply, the best way to enjoy strollers is to make an investment in one that has good quality.
To get the best out of a humidifier, you have got to do everything right. Like they say, everything in its place and every place its thing.
There are just certain things you do not want happening just because you want to enjoy the pleasure of a humidifier.
They include a child mistakenly pushing it over and getting injured in the process, or a child pulling the cord from the socket and getting a slight shock.
This may lead you to ask: What is the best place to place a humidifier?
1. Where It Benefits The Entire Family The Most: This is the first thing to decide on.
Humidifiers are recommended for use at home in order to enjoy benefits such as dry skin remedy, help with certain medical problems, and of course, to breathe easier.
This means it benefits the entire family. In that case, the best place to start is to put it in the family room where everyone stands an equal chance of enjoying the benefits of a humidifier.
2. Where It Would Satisfy Your Needs: Typically, the first place to think of is the family room because it is large in addition to the fact that it is the most likely place where it would benefit the entire household.
The truth is, it does not just stop there. You must have sized your room by now. This gives you a better idea of where to place it.
If you need to add moisture to a dry room, it is best to place it in the room where the need for it is more. After all, that is the main reason for getting the humidifier in the first place.
3. Where You Benefit Personally: There is every likelihood that you bought a humidifier just to enjoy an extra humidity.
This means that your home does not have any room which needs a humidifier critically for people to be able to stay in it.
Once it is for a personal reason, it is not compulsory that you place it in the family room. Where you place it now depends in which room in your home that you spend more time in.
4. Correct Placement: By now you must have decided if the humidifier would be placed in the family room, a particular room which needs a humidifier, or simply a room where you can enjoy the extra humidity.
What you now have to deal with is the correct place to keep it so it does not result in any form of an accident to a family member. The best place is a firm surface that is flat and level. Care should be taken to keep it a safe five inches from the walls or any other heat source.
Now that you have correctly placed your humidifier, ensure the surroundings are not wet and also avoid placing objects on the humidifier or close to it.
If there is a child in your home, or if it is placed in the child's room, extra caution should be taken to place it correctly for the sake of your child's health and safety.
Related Buyer’s guide:
Implantation bleeding happens to be one of the early pregnancy signs but in most cases, women tend to assume that this light bleeding is just part of their regular menstrual bleeding. In some cases implantation bleeding can spell out pregnancy even before you realize that you missed your period or it is quite late. However, it is quite easy to distinguish between implantation bleeding and your regular menstrual bleeding. All you have to do is take account of the character, duration, timing and color of the blood.
Most women panic when they notice implantation bleeding since they are now no longer sure about the fate of their pregnancy. However, this should not be the case since implantation bleeding is just a bloody discharge that is normally brownish or pinkish in color and it can occur in anyone but it only lasts for a few hours. However, in some cases, it may last up to a day or two and this is the point at which it is often mistaken for the regular menstrual bleeding. Let’s focus on how pregnancy begins so that we can get to understand exactly what is implantation bleeding.
In most cases, impregnation happens right after or during ovulation. This is when you are quite fertile, fertility period happens to be at the middle of your cycle. For instance, if your cycle lasts for 30 days then your fertile days are between the 13th and the 16th day of your cycle. This is where ovulation takes place. It then takes a mature ovum 10 days for it to get to the uterus from the fallopian tubes. This means that the ovum can embed itself to the uterine wall between the 23rd and the 28th day of your cycle. At this point, implantation bleeding can take place a few days before your expected period date. This happens to be the main reason why most women mistake implantation bleeding for early menstrual bleeding.
One factor you need to put in mind for you to understand implantation bleeding is that it is quite normal and it is also an indication that you are of course pregnant. From when you experience implantation bleeding your body starts launching a different kind of a hormonal rearrangement. Implantation bleeding does not have any negative effect on your pregnancy; in any case it offers you a firsthand personal privilege to know early enough that you are pregnant. The problem comes in when you mistake a bloody vaginal discharge for implantation bleeding. You need to be alarmed if you experience bleeding that is accompanied by severe nausea, intense lower abdominal pains, dizziness and sudden vomiting. These symptoms could spell out a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. Such conditions also demand urgent medical attention.
Outlined are factors you may need to put into consideration for you to be sure that you are experiencing implantation bleeding:
· How the bleeding looks like
In most cases, implantation bleeding is just a scanty bloody discharge is normally lighter or even darker in appearance than your regular menstrual bleeding. Implantation bleeding is not any serious bleeding since you end up noticing just a drop or two of blood. If the bleeding is quite heavy then you automatically disqualify implantation bleeding.
· How it feels
Implantation bleeding is normally associated with the uterine vessels being partially destroyed. This is as a result of the fertilized egg embedding itself to the uterine wall. At this particular moment, uterine muscles start cramping and this also results to slight lower abdominal pains.
· How long it lasts
Normally, implantation bleeding is supposed to last for just a couple of hours, with the exception of a few rare cases where it can last for a day or two. It is alarming and not normal for implantation bleeding to last for 5 or 7 days. If this happens then it is absolutely not implantation bleeding.
· Basal body temperature changes
During the 2nd phase of your regular menstrual cycle, the basal body temperature changes to 98.60 and above and retains that level for nearly two weeks. However, if implantation takes place, the basal temperature goes below 98.60 but is later followed by a sharp rise.
How to Differentiate Between Implantation Bleeding and Regular Menstrual Bleeding
There are quite a number of factors that you can use to distinguish between implantation bleeding and your regular menstrual bleeding. These factors include:
Implantation bleeding normally occur a week before your period. A bloody discharge experienced after ovulation has a chance of indicating possible conception. It is not possible to experience implantation bleeding after a missed period.
· Character of the bleeding
Normally, implantation bleeding resembles spotting. However, regular periods also begin with the same light spotting but intensify as day’s progress. It is quite rare for implantation bleeding to take place shortly before your regular period or during your regular period. You need to pay close attention to the character of your bleeding since; if the bleeding does not intensify and does not last for more than a day or two, then this could be a sign of conception and successful implantation.
· Additional testing
If you notice any bloody discharge before your expected period date, you could consider taking a pregnancy test especially around the 8th-10th day after your ovulation. However, if your HCG level is not high enough for the pregnancy test to detect it could give you a negative result. At this point you may need to take the test gain after a week or two just to be certain.
Implantation bleeding should not be an issue that vexes your mind any more. The difference between implantation bleeding and regular menstrual bleeding lies in the duration, timing and character. Implantation bleeding is not quite a wide spread phenomenon, and in some cases it even passes by unnoticed. However, it is advisable to have all the knowledge required for you to be conversant with any changes concerning your regular bodily functions. Having all the required know-how about implantation bleeding can help you determine if you are successfully pregnant before you even conduct a pregnancy test. It is advisable to urgently consult a doctor if your implantation bleeding defies all the characteristics of implantation bleeding.