If you are looking for the Best Double jogging stroller, you are in the right place.
Congratulations! You’ve had baby number two, or maybe even two at a time, and with multiple little bundles of joy comes…the baby weight.
Maybe you are one of those lucky parents with twins, or you are on your second child, but either way, you are probably asking yourself: how am I ever going to get back in shape again?
Let’s face it, having a baby is exhausting, and no matter if you are attending two at a time or you have the infant-toddler combo happening, you go into survival mode.
Our healthy routines get disrupted, we start eating for comfort (yes, the baby is finally asleep, I’ll have a glass of wine!) and well, we get lazy.
If you are still on full-time mom duty, and eating accordingly, getting your exercise and maintaining a healthy weight can become a challenge.
However, there are some fantastic dual-passenger strollers out there that are designed to transport your baby in comfort and style, while ensuring you get your blood moving on a regular basis.
Before you take on the task of buying a jogging stroller for you and your little ones, take a moment to consider your expectations. There are plenty of options and plenty of uses for your baby transport system, so make sure you find the best option for you and your family.
Maybe you were a runner before your pregnancy or maybe this is your first crack at jogging. Maybe you just intend to take lots of shady walks while your little ones take a nap. Utilizing a double running stroller will solve the very real problem of parenting vs. fitness and this will lead to happy family lifestyle.
Thankfully, we live in an era of great design and this is not a new problem.
That is why I have created a list of Best Double Jogging Stroller.
There are some innovative brands out there that meet this need. Take look at some of these next-level double jogging strollers that can get you back in action.
BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX
BOB Revolution Pro Duallie Stroller
Baby Trend Navigator
Baby Jogger City Select Second
Seat Kit with Silver Frame
Baby Trend Navigator Lite
Baby Jogger 2016 Summit X3
BOB 2016 Ironman
Baby Jogger City Select
Stroller In Ruby
The BOB is probably the Cadillac of baby strollers and for good reason: it offers excellent mobility, intuitive functionality and it is surprisingly lightweight. As one of the first brands to reconsider the pram, BOB figured out early on that parents wanted more functionality from their family stroller.
This particular model has all the usual safety features like foot pedal wheel lock and five-point safety belts which makes it much more improvised. The lockable front wheel comes in very handy if you are taking your babies out on a rougher path.
A nifty two-step folding system makes it easy to collapse and store this stroller, but it also brags cool options like an adjustable padded handle bar with nine different positions so that you can find the best fit for your height.
You can also pair your BOB Revolution FLEX with an infant car seat because this model offers compatibility with certain Britax products if you opt for the separate car seat adapter. So transitioning from the car to the stroller is that much simpler.
The best part about this model is the smooth ride. It has a world-class suspension system the BOB has gone to a great deal of trouble to engineer with three inches of travel and two stages of weight support.
So whether you are on pavement, grass or dirt, this stroller can handle the terrain. Many outdoorsy moms and dads will actually take this stroller camping so they can go on hikes.
Plus, it’s got excellent storage capacity for incidentals. Another nice bonus with the side-by-side is that your kids can entertain each other while you get your exercise. Runners really appreciate the BOB Duallie.
The BOB Revolution Pro enjoys all the comfort, safety and flexibility that make BOB products so popular with athletic parents.
It features a single, guiding swivel wheel in front for excellent maneuverability, light frame with the total weight being 34 pounds, and single-action release for easy in-and-out of your vehicle. The total dimensions measure 59.5 x 31 x 47.5 inches.
This model has hand-activated rear brakes which enable more control on dirt or steep inclines, and it features that classy suspension that makes BOB products among the most popular among many of the products.
As with many BOB designs, this model will let you adjust the handlebar according to your height so you can trick out your stroller for maximum ergonomic comfort.
Off-road runners especially appreciate the added control and functionality of a front wheel that can be fixed or swivel.
Moms have described the BOB Revolution Pro like “a cloud on ball bearings” for the smooth action and responsiveness and this is according to those who have been using it. Highly active moms champion this particular model so much.
More kid-friendly features include padded seats, the five-point harness requirement, independently adjustable canopies made from reflective material for added protection from the sun and wind. It has got room to spare for your purse or backpack and you can also get an attachment drink and snack tray that easily snaps on and off.
Active parents really dig this economic product for the simple reason that it offers all the usual safety features, portability and durability.
Baby Trend also manufactures compatible car seats that affix into this double jogger, so it’s a wise purchase for families with twins. Plus it comes in a couple snappy colors and why not add a little flair?
The Baby Trend Navigator features double swivel wheels that lock for hassle-free navigation when you are off the pavement, and its pneumatic tires make for a cozy ride on rough turf.
This jogging stroller has a cool trigger mechanism that drops it into a highly compact shape to fit easily in the back of your car, which is a real advantage when you are regularly loading and unloading two kids from your vehicle.
Not only does it look great with its two-tone, weather-resistant materials, the kids love the Baby Trend Navigator for its padded, reclining seats, its wide footrest and its Mp3 plug-in and built-in speakers. If your babies have trouble napping, this could be your good luck charm when you are out on a long run.
Now your twin children can remain close together.
There is no need to buy two baby strollers, as this second seat kit can be transformed into a double stroller from a single stroller with just a click. With ample head height and foot space for both kids, it can be reclined to offer comfort to the kids regardless of the position being faced.
Its canopy provides enough shade for the passengers on a very sunny day. It also has a window through which you can check on the kids. With a weight of 9 pounds, each of the seat can carry a maximum weight of 45 pounds.
It maintains the same width as a single stroller, making it easy for maneouver on the streets or the aisle of a shop. It also comes with a metal frame and does not require batteries to operate. This second seat kit is simply built for comfort.
This baby stroller is designed to lock two car seats together.
For the convenience of taking the children for a stroll or a jog, it comes with a large storage basket for storing all the necessities they will need while on the road.
Each seat has a canopy and a tray with two cup holders and a storage apartment that is covered. It is designed for all kinds of roads which is why it comes with pneumatic bicycle tires.
It can carry children who weigh as much as 50 pounds. It weighs 39.2 pounds and does not require batteries to operate.
This double jogging stroller comes with rear brakes that are hand operated, allowing for more control while navigating hilly or uneven terrains. A front wheel lock is mounted on the handlebar to be used in choosing between jogger and stroller mode.
It has an all wheel suspension that can carry a combined weight of 100 pounds. The double stroller weighs 37 pounds and has a canopy that provides shade for each seat. It accepts infant car seats with a head height of 24 inches.
It has a remote swivel lock, side ventilation, a canopy window through which the children can be checked. There is also a large seat basket and a mounting bracket.
This double stroller has a fixed front wheel that can ride on any terrain. When riding downhill, it is controlled with the rear brake that is hand activated. Jogging is made possible because of its tires filled with air.
The handle bar is padded and can be adjusted to 9 different positions to suit the parent. This stroller can be combined with an infant car seat. It is ultimately designed for jogging, strolling, and taking a long walk.
It weighs 33.1 pounds and can carry a combined weight of 105 pounds. With the push of a button, the seat reclines.
This stroller can fold in one step. It comes with a sun canopy and can carry a maximum weight of 45 pounds. As a double stroller, the second seat comes with 16 combinations. It weighs 29.7 pounds and can recline in different positions.
The maximum head height is 21 inches and it comes with a handbrake and an adjustable handlebar.
You can ride this stroller on any terrain and its front wheels can swivel. The sun canopy can adjust to different heights and provides enough cover for the passengers. It weighs 34 pounds and does not require batteries to operate.
There is no reason that you cannot be active while your kids are still young, and the sooner you get back into the action, the better you will feel. In fact, you can simultaneously get back in shape and illustrate a healthy lifestyle for them at the same time.
The truly nice thing about all these brands is that your children sit next to each other and so they have the ability to interact when you go on outings. For serious runners, the double jogger is a real lifesaver, and having the extra resistance is a new addition to you workout that helps you exert in a way that is safe. A little extra upper body never hurts, right?
Why You Might Need A Double Jogging Stroller
It is typical for a parent who has two babies to want a double jogging stroller. It remains the most obvious reason why you might need one. There are many other reasons why you might need a double jogging stroller beside the fact that it helps you carry two babies together whenever you leave your home. The reasons why you would choose it over a single jogging stroller include:
1. Cost Effective: Like most things in life, it all boils down to money. Acquiring a double jogging stroller is actually cheaper than buying two single jogging strollers if you have two babies. This is a saving which you would love to take advantage of.
2. Adjustable: The way double jogging strollers are designed allows for adjustments to be made when necessary. In other words, it must not be used only when you welcome the arrival of twins. The seats of this stroller can be configured individually to suit a toddler and an infant at the same time. This is an advantage for those who have babies who are not twins.
3. Storage: When you leave your home, you do not want to leave important items behind. The underseat basket of a double jogging stroller is about twice that of a single jogging stroller. This allows you to carry more items along when leaving your home. With this provision, you can comfortably fit in your baby items, grocery, and toys. It also comes with a bigger parent console and cup holders as well.
4. Lightweight: You may think that the extra size of a double jogging stroller means more weight. This is not the case because this type of stroller happens to be light. In addition to its lightweight, its frames are more compact than the other kinds of strollers. Manufacturers design it this way to eliminate the accumulation of excess weight. This also makes pushing it a whole lot easier.
5. Maneuverability: This convenience is appreciated more when you walk through the aisles of a store. Double jogging strollers are designed to be excellent when it comes to maneuverability. Navigating through tight spaces as well as rough terrains is a breeze. This makes them the go-to strollers whether you are indoors or outdoors.
6. Portable: Portability is one other reason why you should consider buying a double jogging stroller. You can easily place it in a car without the need for a car-seat converter. This helps you in saving some money. This is why people with two babies love to make use of it. Its durability makes it a practical choice over a single jogging stroller.
7. Accommodation: It is worthy to note that a double jogging stroller does not just carry two babies, it carries them comfortably. This is possible because of the way manufacturers craft it. They come with a suspension which helps it handle heavy loads.
There are so many other features which make double jogging strollers an excellent choice. They include the provision of large canopies, grab bars, as well as covered cabins. All these reasons make buying this type of stroller worth your hard earned money. Most importantly, your babies would find them comfortable to be in.
How many types of Double Jogging Strollers?
There are two reasons why you may be considering the type of double jogging strollers to buy. The first is the expectation of baby twins while the other is the need to have a convenient means of carrying an infant and a toddler around. With several options to consider, you need to learn about them to be able to decide the best one for you. The different types of double jogging strollers in the market today are:
1. Twin or Side By Side Strollers: They are designed with both seats side by side. Recent models are narrower, allowing it to easily navigate through store aisles and doorways. The leg and arm room are the same for both babies making it possible for them to see each other. It also allows them to easily look around while being within the arm's reach of their parent. They do have an option of having an infant car seat attached to them. Only a few of them come with a double car seat capacity.
2. Tandem Strollers: This stroller is designed to have a seat behind the other. It is possible to recline the back seat fully while the front seat can only recline partially. This makes it ideal for an infant and a toddler with the toddler seating in front. The models are designed to take two infant car seats. The width of this stroller is narrow which means it can be maneuvered through tight spaces. It offers a challenge when you turn corners as a result of its weight sticking out in front.
If you are a serious, off-road runner, you are going to want to go with a fixed wheel stroller. The reason is leverage. Pushing your twins up a dirt hill with the swivel wheel is no fun. The fixed wheel won’t wobble and it will get you a little more traction.
On the other hand, if you are going to use that same stroller for out-and-about town, go with the swivel. Getting in and out of tight corners, navigating pedestrian traffic and all other things city require that little mobility edge that the swiveling wheel provides.
If you have friends that have some of these choices, talk to them about what they like or don’t like. After all, you need this thing to go for the next four years or so.
It’s tempting to look for a used one, but in this case, go with the brand new one. The reason is a family is hard on a stroller, especially a jogging stroller that is expected to perform. You also have access to the manufacturer for questions.
Whether you live in the city or a more rural location, these strollers are constructed to last and to manage two kids in many different kinds of environments. Being a parent and being active don’t necessarily have to be at odds– you just have to have the right equipment.
The sooner you get out and start your routine with the kids, the better you will feel and having the right stroller makes a world of difference.
For some people, the only times they run are when they are running after something or something is running after them. Apart from these occasions, the only other time they are closest to running is when they watch the 100 meters Olympic final sprint on TV.
Of course, for you to be reading this, you are not willing to remain on the couch watching professional athletes on TV anymore. Probably you are a runner but have not run since the birth of that lovely baby of yours. No time you say. The baby has to be looked after.
Good point. That is the reason why Jogging Strollers were invented. You do not need to get out of shape because you do not want to lose quality time with your family. I promise that you will spend time with your family and keep in shape at the same time. Buy a jogging stroller today and apply these tips for running with jogging strollers:
Jogging should be safe for you and the baby. To run with a child under six months is considered risky. If you want to, then you have to attach a car seat adapter to your jogging stroller.
For a baby under six months, the car seat adapter prevents the head and neck of the baby to bob around when you run with your baby in the jogging stroller. You really do not need your baby experiencing every single bounce on the road.
One of the reasons you probably were not running in the first place since you gave birth to your baby is because you need certain necessities like diapers and baby wipes for instance when you are outside the home.
Packing things to go jogging have been made easier with most jogging strollers having large storage baskets on them. Take advantage of it and pack those snacks and other necessities you need and go running today.
While one of the features of jogging strollers is the ability of the front wheels to swivel, running is not the best time to turn on that feature. Ensure that you make use of the lock on the front wheel. Before you begin running, lock the front wheel to prevent it veering off while you are having a great run with your baby in the jogging stroller.
When you run, your body warms up and you feel the perspiration dripping off your eyebrows. Remember however that your little baby is not exercising. The reverse is rather the case as the wind blows across the baby’s face causing the baby to feel cool. You should protect your baby against the weather by dressing your baby against the cold. If on the other hand, it is on a very sunny day, you dress the baby lightly. Always consider how to dress your baby depending on the weather.
Nothing should be taken for granted. Yes, you are swift in handling the jogging strollers, but for the sake of your young one, avoid areas with heavy traffic. It is not in the movies alone that cars veer off and hit the sidewalk. So, choose a part that has less traffic to increase the protection level of your young one. Your best bet remains the sidewalks, parks, and bike paths, to mention but a few.
It is assumed that your young one is above 6 months. That being the case, use the strap to hold the baby back. Babies will be babies, and if you fail to have them strapped in, the child may reach out and have the little fingers trapped in the wheels of a jogging stroller. A scenario like this needs to be avoided, so take care that the strap is securely fixed.
You may want to flex your fingers from numbness but please do not let go of the handlebar while running. Accidents do occur, even between the hand and the mouth while eating. Never give room for any eventuality. It is always safety first, so hold on tight while running. If you really need to free your hands, by all means, park by the side and get that beauty rest.
You must not keep both hands stuck on the handlebar. You may hold with one hand and interchange to maintain the balance as well as use it as a form of exercise. This way, you are always in control of the jogging strollers, making your baby safe and secure.
Borrowing a leaf from a management theory: Everything in its place and every place its thing. In simple words, orderliness is important. Before taking your baby on that run in a jogging stroller, make sure you have learned your baby pattern. Nap time should be respected as well as feeding time. It simply does not make sense for you to go on a run at a time that is most inconvenient for your baby.
Without a baby in a jogging stroller being pushed by you as you run, chances are you may do a world record run. However, the baby is slowing you down. Not to worry, the most important thing is that you are burning up the calories. This is the main aim for exercising and not really the World or Olympic records.
It is true that your aim of running is to get that much-needed exercise, but do not fail to forget that the reason why you run with your child in a jogging stroller is to spend time with your child. That goes to say that you may not have to run all through. This is one other reason for you to avoid heavy traffic roads. On a quiet place like a Park or something, you can always take a mini break and let the child out of the jogging strollers. The child will appreciate the break from just sitting and being pushed.
These are eleven tips that should allow you spend quality time with your family without compromising on your running with your latest dual running push chair!
Take your time to choose the best double jogging stroller 2018 in the market.
Looking for the Best humidifier? Authority Baby has honest Guide and Reviews on Humidifiers from the unbiased experts you can believe.
Humidifiers are essential systems manufactured with a purpose of addBESing moisture to the air in houses or even buildings. Humidifiers provide steam or water vapor so as to increase relative humidity levels.Humidity is the water vapor found in the air and it varies depending on the season.
During summer the humidity levels are high and low during winter. The benefit of a humidifier is to ensure that the humidity is neither too high nor too low in your house.
When humidity is low some of its negative side effects include irritation in the nasal passages, causes dry skin, causes itchy eyelids and dries the throat with a cough. When the humidity is high it causes your home to feel stuffy, condensation on your windows, activates unsafe dust mites, mold, mildew and bacteria and it also helps in promoting allergy breakouts like asthma.
There are quite a number of humidifiers in the market today; all you have to do is identify your needs, taste, and preferences so as to ensure that you purchase the top humidifier in the market. The finest humidifier is one that is ideal for the room or space you desire to standardize humidity. Outlined are some of the tpµop humidifiers in the market.
Finding the best humidifier in the market and for your needs IS NOT AN EASY Task. Which one should you choose? We’ll figure it out soon!
1-Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier
This Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist is in a position to keep the air moisturized for around 16 hours continuously. You can comfortably breathe as well as sleep in more restful manner.
It has 1.5 liters (3785ml/53 ounces) that can comfortably provide for your bedrooms, bathrooms, spas, salons, kitchens, offices and any other rooms that are middle-sized.
It has a 3600 mist nozzle that also comes with a dual-speed control so as to make controlling the mist speed and direction quite easy for you.
It also comes with an automatic shut-off that automatically shuts off the humidifier in case the water level runs too low or if you happen to remove the water tank.
It also has a night light that offers a soft glow so as to ensure that you get to relax as much as possible.
If you do not like the night soft glow you can as well as shut it off. The Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier is able to instantly humidify any room you desire.
It is a table-top humidifier that can fit just about any house decor and it is also packed with other additional features just to ensure that you get to breathe quality air.
With this humidifier, you can comfortably say goodbye to irritated sinuses, sore throats as well as dry coughs.
2-Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier: For Babies
The Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is able to dispense 99.9% germ-free mist.
This humidifier comes with a germ-killing technology that is in a position to kill fungus, bacteria, mold and mold spores and viruses.
It relies on ultraviolet technology to achieve this function. Unlike other humidifiers, the Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is equipped with Honeywell’s Quiet Care technology that ensured that this humidifier operates quietly.
It has the ability to offer up to 24 hours continuous operation, with just a single water reservoir that is able to hold 2 gallons. The best part about his humidifier is the fact that it is quite easy to carry, fill as well as clean.
It has a Protec Antimicrobial treated filter that plays that major role of maintaining moisture balance, especially in a small room. This humidifier is ideal for your office, living room, spa, salons, and bath; basically anywhere where you need beneficial humidified air. It is also able to relieve dry nasal passages, cracking and peeling skin, dry and scratchy throat and winter-dry skin.
It also has a self-regulation evaporative system that automatically adjusts moisture to the required level.
This exceptional humidifier has removable parts that are dishwasher safe hence making it quite easy to clean.
3-BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
This humidifier is known for its versatility as well as it is easy to use. The best part about the BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier is the fact that it can emit either a warm or cool humidifying mist.
It also comes with several additional features that ensure that the humidifier remains hygienic as well as convenient.
It has an internal hygrostat and soft-touch controls that allow the setting of the humidity level according to your desire.
You are also able to see the level of your humidity to an LCD display on the humidifier. It has a titanium coated diaphragm whose main purpose is to ensure that you get to enjoy years of lasting service.
This component ensures that you are in a position to enjoy moisturized air and at the same time deal with dry skin and sinuses.
This hygienic and safe humidifier comes with Ag+ demineralization cartridge, ultrasonic vibrations and Hydro Cell that ensure that hard mineral content remain low and at the same time cleans the water and keeps microbes in check.
This humidifier is ideal for creating a comfortable interior environment when it comes to relative humidity level. It is the best for al mid-sized rooms.
4-TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifiers for Bedroom
This ultrasonic humidifier fills a room with clean air that is crisp and odorless. It is so silent, you would not know it is in the room. You can get up to 10 hours of continuous mist if the large 3.5-litre water tank is filled. This 8.74 x 8.03 x 12.20-inch humidifier fits perfectly in a home or office setting.
The flow of mist can always be controlled with the classic control knob that comes with it. It is designed to detect when the water in the water tank is low. When this happens, a warning red LED indicator comes on, and prompts the humidifier to shut down automatically.
Weighing 40 ounces only, its extra fine ceramic filter ensures that the water vapor released is clean and pure as it filters away bad odor, harmful bacteria, and water impurity.
It is capable of circulating mist in two directions at the same time thanks to its double 360-degree rotatable mist nozzles.
This can serve a space of up to 150 metre-cube or 5,297 cube-feet at its maximum output of 330 ml/h or 0.08 gallon per hour.
5-TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier for Bedroom with No Noise
This humidifier has an upgraded LED display that is beautiful to look at. Besides the upgraded LED display, it also has a built-in timer, a sleep mode, and a 360-degree rotatable nozzle. It measures 8.1 x 5.3 x 11.3 inches.
It is so silent when it is working, you can afford to put it by your bedside without fear of having to be woken up by a loud sound.
If the 4-litre water tank is filled, it can work for 15 hours straight. It uses its microporous cartridge to filter water from impurities like bad odor and micro organisms.
One standout feature is the ability to set the humidity level. This allows the user to set the humidity level at an ideal range where it would neither be too hot or too cold.
6-BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7135
This humidifier offers a choice between a warm and cool mist. Beautifully designed with a handle and a digital display, it can effectively serve a room of up to 650 square feet.
It weighs only 8 pounds and measures 15.2 x 8.8 x 15.4 inches. Its water tank contains as much as 1.8 gallons which allow it to run for a very long time. With the help of the Hydro Cell, the water stays fresh for a long period too.
At night when you want to go to bed, you can put it on night mode and you would get the silence you need to grab a sound sleep. The digital display is also self-explanatory and would remind you on when it needs to be refilled as well as when it needs to be cleaned.
7-PureGuardian H4610 120-Hour Ultrasonic Warm
For those who want to humidify a medium to large room, this humidifier is just perfect. It offers an electronic control option for choosing any of a 3-speed setting, 12-hour timer, and night light. With a large 2 gallon capacity, it can run for as much as 120 hours.
It does not support the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the water tank. Its silver clean protection ensures that.
It disperses warm or cool mist based on the option that suits you best. It works great for those suffering from allergies, cold, and dry skin.
It weighs 5.6 pounds and measures 8 x 15.6 x 11.5 inches.
This Vornado humidifier uses vortex circulation to humidify a room as large as 600 square feet. It leaves the room very comfortable.
There are push button controls which are easy to use as you choose your preferred humidity. The LED lights that make it easy to confirm settings. It uses an electronic humidistat to automatically control humidity. If you prefer, the humidistat can be allowed to run continuously. The fan has three speed settings of low, high, and auto.
It has a one-gallon water tank capacity and can produce a 2-gallon output daily. This humidifier which weighs about 6.1 pounds is made for 120 volts only. One of the ways through which this humidifier maintains an even room temperature is by recovering heat from the ceiling and circulating it.
Lots of kids have benefited from the use of humidifiers in treating cracked lips, dry skin, nagging cough, and stuffy noses. It remains a very popular tool for parents.
Although humidifiers are used by parents to treat problems, a humidifier may also harbor a deadly mold or bacteria if it is not used properly. To avoid such an occurrence, here are some quick tips for using a humidifier safely:
1. MONITOR HUMIDITY LEVEL: Molds are known to grow in spaces that are over-humidified. Depending on the season, the level of humidity changes constantly.
It is typically higher during summer months. The most likely rooms in a home that are usually warm and damp enough for molds to grow are the bathrooms and kitchens. The best thing to do is to use a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level of a room or buy a humidifier with an in-built humidistat.
Your aim is to have the rooms in your home maintain less than 50 percent of humidity as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. REGULARLY CLEAN THE HUMIDIFIER: One other environment where mold thrives is in dirty water. Chances are that the left over water in the humidifier may be contaminated.
To be certain that the water in the humidifier is clean, always empty the tank on a daily basis. Before refilling it, take some time to clean the tank and have it dried properly. As an addition, in the space of three days, use Hydrogen Peroxide which kills bacteria and is known to be less noxious than bleach to clean the humidifier.
As a safety precaution, always unplug the humidifier before having it cleaned or while refilling it. Be sure to keep the area of the humidifier dry and also clean it before and after storing it.
3. ALWAYS MAKE USE OF DISTILLED WATER: Tap water typically contains minerals which over time may build up in the humidifier and encourage the growth of bacteria.
Tap water is best avoided. It is highly recommended to use demineralized or distilled water. If you see any deposit or film in the process of cleaning the humidifier, do not fail to have it removed.
4. INSTAL NEW FILTERS: Manufacturers of humidifiers do have a recommended period of having the filters changed.
Be sure to follow their instructions. However, if it happens that your humidifier gets quite dirty before the recommended period, do not fail to replace the filter immediately.
5. BE CREATIVE: There are always alternatives. Try all you can to explore ways to manage the humidity of your home.
For instance, when you are alone in the house and have to bathe, the bathroom door may be left open to increase the level of humidity. If your challenge is to treat a dry skin or so, options like taking fruits and using healthy lotions exist.
In truth, there is a great need to use a humidifier safely. Humidifiers are designed to help parents treat dry skin and its likes.
Care should be taken to ensure it does not turn out to be a nest for molds and bacteria which may cause a child to develop allergies or asthma.
The Pros and Cons of Humidifiers
There are lots of Humidifiers designed to suit different climates and seasons. Regardless of the type, they make life comfortable for people. Here are some of the pros and cons of Humidifiers:
1. Cleanliness: Humidifiers are usually easy to clean. This is a good thing considering that cleaning them is meant to be a daily thing. It would have been terrible if what is expected to be cleaned everyday is difficult to clean. The task is made much easier as they use filters to capture impurities.
2. Maintenance: It does not cost tons of money to maintain a Humidifier. Designed to be simple, there are few parts which are liable to break down and require maintenance to be done on it. Their simplicity explains a lot why their cost of maintenance is quite low or nonexistent.
3. Cost: It does not cost so much to own a Humidifier. With the different designs and types available, Humidifiers are very affordable across board and can be fitted into a tight budget.
4. Quiet: There is no fear of your beauty sleep being troubled as you use a Humidifier. They are so silent, you can even have it placed by your bedside without even realizing it is there. It goes about its functionality without disturbing the peace of anyone in the room.
5. Cold/Flu: Humidity has always caused people to suffer from the flu and various other ailments. By controlling the humidity of a room, this challenge has been effectively tackled with the proper use of Humidifiers. The chances of suffering from cold or the flu is greatly reduced for people who make use of them.
1. Children's Safety: As great as Humidifiers are, they pose a potential physical threat to children. Leaving a child alone in a room with a Humidifier may result in the child going to push against it. If it falls on the child, injuries might be sustained. In as much as children also need the benefits of a Humidifier, it requires that an adult be around constantly.
2. Contamination: There is always a chance of a Humidifier being contaminated by bacteria. This is one of its drags. Care always has to be taken to prevent this through proper cleaning and other preventive measures. The fact that the water used is a stagnant one and is never boiled, there is always the chance of it being contaminated with bacteria.
3. Mineral Dust: The accumulutaion of mineral dust is one disadvantage associated with the use of Humidifiers. This is a result of a regular use of mineralized water. Over time, it accumulates to form lots of harmful mineral dust.
4. Energy Efficiency: They are not necessarily efficient when it comes to the matter of energy. In a world where being efficient is the watchword, some Humidifiers fall short in that regard. Owners are then forced to deal with high energy costs.
Getting the best out of Humidifiers require that they be cleaned on a regular basis and properly taken care of. They afford so many benefits and their disadvantages are few and quite negligible.
When it comes to selecting the perfect humidifier there are a number of things you must put into consideration if you want the best there is. These things include:
If you are looking for the best available crib mattress, this guide is a good fit for you.
When it comes to looking for an ideal crib mattress, there are several essential factors one must put into consideration. There are quite a number of baby mattre&sses in the market today. Therefore, you need to know which bedding is ideal for your baby and what factors will facilitate your decision.
A baby bed is not all about the rectangular shape, being firm or having that adorable print design. You may go for looks and end up having something really decent mattress, but will it meet all the factors you desire for your baby mattress.
An ideal baby mattress is supposed to maintain its firm form for quite some time. However, this factor will depend on the mattress’ reliability depending on the type and qualities that have been used to make the baby cot.
Spring mattresses tend to be heavier than foam mattresses due to the material that is used to manufacture them. However, they are more durable at the center where the baby tends to sleep.
On the other hand, foam mattresses are a bit light, easier to move, replace and clean linens. When it comes to safety precautions the best baby cot is also one that perfectly fits your baby’s crib, this ensures that your baby does not stand a chance of getting their leg or arm stuck in the space causing injury.
This is one of the best baby mattresses in the market due to the fact that it is eco-friendly and a popular model as well. This baby cot is safe, hypo allergic, affordable and eco-friendly. This baby mattress is ideal for caregivers and parents who are in need of a safe baby mattress that is in a position to effectively support their baby for their entire toddler years.
This mattress is wrapped in a fire barrier that is woven from minerals and it is then covered with a water stain, odor resistant, and medical grade fabric. Every parent would feel at peace when they know that their baby’s mattress is made from natural and safe materials.
The only con that most customers have complained about is the fact that this mattress tends to be quite firm, however, it is still very soft. This can also be a good thing since you are assured of the durability of your baby mattress. This mattress is made from foam for the mattress fill material; it is antimicrobial and organic as well.
It has overall dimensions of 27.5” for the width and 52” for the length, an overall thickness of 5” and an overall weight of 8.2lbs.
This is a lightweight mattress that has been made from American soybean oils instead of harmful chemicals that end up causing your baby allergies or illnesses.
Its outer wrap is manufactured from natural cotton that plays a major role in ensuring that toddlers the most ultimate level when it comes to comfort. This mattress measures 27.25 inches wide and 51.63 inches long, this is an ideal for size for nearly all standard sized toddler cots and beds.
Its thickness can also comfortably fit your standard sized baby bed sheets since it measures 5 inches. As far as your baby’s comfort is concerned, this should be your ideal choice since it has a high-density memory form that perfectly suits your newborn’s needs as well as offers an ideal comfort level for young children and toddler too.
One of the best features that this mattress has is its durability. If you are looking for a durable mattress then this should be just the mattress for your baby.
This mattress also passes the all the safety certifications required for a baby mattress, so you can be sure that our baby will sleep on the safest mattress in the market. When it comes to the weight and age limit, Sealy manufacturers recommend this mattress for infants, toddler and young children who are not past the age of 4 years.
Its maximum weight limits goes up to 60 pounds. However, if you are looking for a dual-purpose mattress, this mattress may not meet all your needs since its firmness and form density is equal on both sides.
This mattress is one of the best mattresses in the market due to the fact that it is high quality, lightweight since it weighs 9.6lbs, and it has an orthopedic style that is dual firmness toddler and infant foam crib mattress.
The firm infant side is quite firm so as to ensure that your infant is able to rest comfortably, while as the toddler side is not as firm as the infant side so as to comfortably support the toddler’s bodies. This mattress also comes with an organic cotton cover (certified) with an effective waterproof backing as well.
The organic cotton cover is placed right where the baby is supped to sleep while as the waterproof backing plays a major role in ensuring that nothing gets into the mattress.
It also has inverted seams that give the baby mattress a sleek appearance. As far as safety is concerned, this mattress is CertiPur-US certified hence making it one of the safest mattresses you can select for your baby.
This mattress is eco-friendly and has dimensions measuring 27.5*52*inches. It is also made from plant oils so you can be sure that your baby will sleep in a safe chemical free environment. This mattress offers your baby that comfortable rest they desire.
The best part about this mattress happen to be the fact that it comes with a high density thermo-bonded fiber core that plays a major role in ensuring your baby’s safety as well as firm support. It also has a hypo allergic sleeping surface that is free from lead and phthalates that can be harmful to your baby’s health.
It also comes with a tear-resistant cover that effectively resists odors, mildew, and stains. Cleaning this mattress is also very easy since it comes with a waterproof cover that you can easily wipe clean whenever the need arises. It is a lightweight mattress that weighs 6.4 pounds and can comfortably fit any standard sized baby bunk or toddler bed.
This mattress measures 27.5 inches wide and 52 inches long, this is an ideal for size for nearly all standard sized toddler bunks and beds. Its thickness can also comfortably fit your standard sized baby bunk sheets since it measures 5 inches.
This mattress also passes the all the safety certifications required for a baby mattress, so you can be sure that our baby will sleep on the safest mattress in the market. If you are looking for a mattress that will perfectly fit your baby bunk or toddler bed without even having to have the measurements, then this is an ideal choice in the market. Some customers claim that this mattress is very soft but this is not the case. It is soft enough for your newborn and firm enough for your toddler.
One of the exciting things parents do is to get a crib mattress for their babies. This can present a challenge, especially for first-time parents. It explains the importance of learning how to choose a crib mattress for your nursery. The following tips will help you shop for your baby’s safe and comfortable mattress:
1. Ensure It Is Specified For Babies: It is essential for the safety of your baby that the crib mattress you acquire is made specifically for babies. Following the recommendation of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, insist on an extremely firm mattress as soft sleeping surfaces have been proven to increase the risk of SIDS and also create a suffocation hazard for babies. You may prefer to go for a double-sided mattress instead. They come with one side being very firm and the other much softer. Parents who worry about their baby’s long-term comfort opt for this type of crib mattress.
2. Research The Different Types of Mattresses: Considering that several types of crib mattresses exist, you need to research each one. Knowing their benefits and potential problems will help you decide on the one you are most comfortable with. The models which you need to choose from include foam, innerspring, and organic.
3. Buy The Right Size: There is no gainsaying the importance of ensuring that your baby’s mattress is the right fit. This ensures the safety of your child against injury or suffocation. The rule of thumb does not allow more than two fingers of space to exist between a crib frame and the mattress.
4. Buy The Crib First: To simplify the entire process, it makes sense to buy a crib first before going for the mattress. Since the size of cribs vary, knowing its exact measurement will guide you during the purchase of a mattress.
5. Ensure The Mattress Has Sufficient Venting: The vents in a mattress allow air to flow freely making it easy for moisture to escape. Some benefits of buying a mattress with sufficient venting include the prevention of mold, odor, and mildew. Any mattress with sufficient venting will have small, reinforced holes by its sides. It is an added advantage to have lots of these ventilation holes.
6. Consider An Organic Mattress: Based on the works of both researchers and medical professionals, it is alleged that chemicals are left over from the manufacturing process. They have the tendency to escalate existing medical conditions and also create dangerous health problems. This is why an organic mattress remains the best in terms of ensuring that your baby’s sleeping environment remains chemical-free.
7. Be On The Lookout For Independent Certification: There are specific safety standards which any crib mattress sold in the United States is expected to meet. They are guided by the American Society for Testing and Materials as well as the CPSC. In the case of organic mattresses, a certification by the Global Organic Textile Standards and independent interest groups such as the Environmental Working Group is important.
8. Do Not Bother So Much With Warranties: Having a warranty in place for the crib mattress you buy is important. However, it is not the most important criteria for choosing your baby’s mattress. As long as you get a high-quality mattress, it will last a long time and offer comfort to your baby.
9. Do Not Buy A Second-Hand Crib Mattress: At first, it may look as though you are saving your hard-earned dollars. However, the potential problems associated with buying a used crib mattress far outweighs the temporary dollars gained. For starters, it may have become uneven and soft, or possibly harbor any of bacteria, fungus, mildew, or mold in its core. Bearing in mind the importance of keeping a crib mattress in good condition, ensure it is kept clean and dry while in use in order to maintain its shape and firmness if you intend to hand it to a second owner or use it for your next baby.
10. Buy A Water-Resistant Mattress Or Cover: It is common knowledge that babies leak making the purchase of water-resistant covers a great idea. You may not need to buy one if the mattress you buy comes with a laminated nylon surface. Such mattresses have the capacity to last a long time based on their ability to repel all manner of yuck. Organic mattresses rarely come in a water-resistant model.
Take your time to choose the best crib mattress in 2018.
Nothing beats being safe regardless of what one does. It becomes more important when you want to run with strollers. To ensure your safety and that of the baby, adopt these top 10 tips for running with Strollers the next time you hit the road:
1. Consider Your Baby's Age: If you have a child under six months, ensure that you use a car seat adapter for your baby or babies. This ensures the stability of a baby's head and neck as it reduces the chance of the baby getting bounced around too much. If a car seat adapter, avoid running with a baby under six months.
2. Lock The Front Wheel: It is safe to lock the front wheel in place to prevent the strollers from turning suddenly. As a result, you do not crash or fall.
3. Strap Your Baby: Once you strap your child with a harness, there is no fear of the baby falling out or getting shaken. A harness prevents the child from reaching out and getting fingers caught in the wheels.
4. Do Not Run Near Cars: Bike paths, parks, and sidewalks are some of the best places to run with strollers. Such areas take away the worries of being stuck in traffic or running near cars.
5. Avoid Running Hands-Free: The idea of running hands free may be appealing but it is risky. It is possible for the strollers to run away from you. You definitely do not want to put the life of your child and anyone around you at risk.
6. Schedule Runs: It is preferable to run before nap-time. Your baby is most likely to go to sleep following the movement of the strollers as you run. This is better than running with strollers when your baby is hungry and unlikely to sit comfortably.
7. Control The Stroller: Always be in control. There is no need to run too fast and not be able to stop the stroller if the need for it arises.
8. Respect Race Rules: If you take part in a race that allows running with strollers, make sure you adhere to the specific rules they issue. This is the best way to be assured of your safety and that of the baby.
9. Observe The Weather: You have to protect your child from the elements. If the weather is cool, make sure to bundle your baby up. You may get warm as you run but the baby will not. If the day is warm, however, do not overdress the baby. Observe the weather at all times in order to dress your child appropriately.
10. Mix It Up: A toddler or preschooler may get restless in a strollers. You can scale this challenge by allowing for a little break. Let them out to play for a bit in order to keep them happy and comfortable.
As you go for a run with strollers, adopt these tips to keep yourself and the baby safe.
There are lots of strollers to choose from in the market. This means that investing in strollers is not as easy as a walk in the park. The challenge of having different types of strollers to choose from will not be a worry once you know why it's worth it to invest in a quality stroller. The reasons are:
1. Longevity: Cheap strollers do not last as long as quality ones. The build of a quality jogging or double jogging strollers prevents it from vibrating or wobbling excessively as you jog with it. Since your baby is likely to use the strollers for some years, investing in a good stroller that lasts will save you a lot of money, time and resources in the long run.
2. Daily Exercise: Your desire to exercise does not have to suffer because you need to stay at home and look after your kids. Investing in a good strollers makes it possible for you to go for a jog with your baby or preschoolers. This can be a motivation for you to go for a jog almost every day. As you keep your body in shape, the kids will also have a lot of fun and take in some fresh air when you go out with them.
3. Great Functionality: Cheap strollers offer the bare basics. While this may seem affordable at the time, the features it lacks will tell in the long run. A good jogging strollers come with an adjustable handle bar which can be set to suit the height of a parent as he or she pushes the stroller. Another great to have feature are air-filled wheels. Unlike wheels made of plastic, these bicycle-like wheels are suitable for most terrains. You can find more features in a quality stroller.
4. Convenience: It is important to prioritize convenience and portability when you decide to invest in strollers. The key to having a great experience when you go out with your kids in a stroller is to choose one that offers convenience. Some considerations may include ease of folding it with one hand, not being too heavy, among other great features.
5. Good Resale Value: A good quality stroller does not end its life cycle with you. By the time your baby grows and has no need for the strollers anymore, it will still be good enough to be resold. It is possible to recoup some money you invested when you sell it as a used stroller. The quality of the strollers will make it remain in good conditions
Although it is not an easy task to pick a stroller from the various types available in the market, your role is to find a balance between the price of a stroller and the value which it offers. Considering that the benefits of investing in a good stroller outweighs the price, it is best for parents to go for it. Put simply, the best way to enjoy strollers is to make an investment in one that has good quality.