Best Humidifier are essential systems manufactured with a purpose of adding moisture to the air in houses or even buildings. Humidifiers provide steam or water vapor so as to increase relative humidity levels.Humidity is the water vapor found in the air and it varies depending on the season.
During summer the humidity levels are high and low during winter. The benefit of a humidifier is to ensure that the humidity is neither too high nor too low in your house.
When humidity is low some of its negative side effects include irritation in the nasal passages, causes dry skin, causes itchy eyelids and dries the throat with a cough. When the humidity is high it causes your home to feel stuffy, condensation on your windows, activates unsafe dust mites, mold, mildew and bacteria and it also helps in promoting allergy breakouts like asthma.
There are quite a number of humidifiers in the market today; all you have to do is identify your needs, taste, and preferences so as to ensure that you purchase the top humidifier in the market. The finest humidifier is one that is ideal for the room or space you desire to standardize humidity. Outlined are some of the tpµop humidifiers in the market.
Best humidifiers Reviews 2017
|Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier||Pure Enrichment|
|Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier||Honeywell|
|BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7147||BONECO|
|Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, Anypro 3.5L Anti-mold Humidifiers||Anypro|
|TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier with LED Display||TaoTronics|
|TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifier with Cool Mist||TaoTronics|
Humidifier Reviews Are In:
This Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist is in a position to keep the air moisturized for around 16 hours continuously. You can comfortably breathe as well as sleep in more restful manner.
It has 1.5 liters (3785ml/53 ounces) that can comfortably provide for your bedrooms, bathrooms, spas, salons, kitchens, offices and any other rooms that are middle-sized.
It has a 3600 mist nozzle that also comes with a dual-speed control so as to make controlling the mist speed and direction quite easy for you.
It also comes with an automatic shut-off that automatically shuts off the humidifier in case the water level runs too low or if you happen to remove the water tank.
It also has a night light that offers a soft glow so as to ensure that you get to relax as much as possible.
If you do not like the night soft glow you can as well as shut it off. The Ultrasonic Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier is able to instantly humidify any room you desire.
It is a table-top humidifier that can fit just about any house decor and it is also packed with other additional features just to ensure that you get to breathe quality air.
With this humidifier, you can comfortably say goodbye to irritated sinuses, sore throats as well as dry coughs.
The Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is able to dispense 99.9% germ-free mist.
This humidifier comes with a germ-killing technology that is in a position to kill fungus, bacteria, mold and mold spores and viruses.
It relies on ultraviolet technology to achieve this function. Unlike other humidifiers, the Honeywell Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is equipped with Honeywell’s Quiet Care technology that ensured that this humidifier operates quietly.
It has the ability to offer up to 24 hours continuous operation, with just a single water reservoir that is able to hold 2 gallons. The best part about his humidifier is the fact that it is quite easy to carry, fill as well as clean.
It has a Protec Antimicrobial treated filter that plays that major role of maintaining moisture balance, especially in a small room. This humidifier is ideal for your office, living room, spa, salons, and bath; basically anywhere where you need beneficial humidified air. It is also able to relieve dry nasal passages, cracking and peeling skin, dry and scratchy throat and winter-dry skin.
It also has a self-regulation evaporative system that automatically adjusts moisture to the required level.
This exceptional humidifier has removable parts that are dishwasher safe hence making it quite easy to clean.
This humidifier is known for its versatility as well as it is easy to use. The best part about the BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier is the fact that it can emit either a warm or cool humidifying mist.
It also comes with several additional features that ensure that the humidifier remains hygienic as well as convenient.
It has an internal hygrostat and soft-touch controls that allow the setting of the humidity level according to your desire.
You are also able to see the level of your humidity to an LCD display on the humidifier. It has a titanium coated diaphragm whose main purpose is to ensure that you get to enjoy years of lasting service.
This component ensures that you are in a position to enjoy moisturized air and at the same time deal with dry skin and sinuses.
This hygienic and safe humidifier comes with Ag+ demineralization cartridge, ultrasonic vibrations and Hydro Cell that ensure that hard mineral content remain low and at the same time cleans the water and keeps microbes in check.
This humidifier is ideal for creating a comfortable interior environment when it comes to relative humidity level. It is the best for al mid-sized rooms.
This ultrasonic humidifier fills a room with clean air that is crisp and odorless. It is so silent, you would not know it is in the room. You can get up to 10 hours of continuous mist if the large 3.5-litre water tank is filled. This 8.74 x 8.03 x 12.20-inch humidifier fits perfectly in a home or office setting.
The flow of mist can always be controlled with the classic control knob that comes with it. It is designed to detect when the water in the water tank is low. When this happens, a warning red LED indicator comes on, and prompts the humidifier to shut down automatically.
Weighing 40 ounces only, its extra fine ceramic filter ensures that the water vapor released is clean and pure as it filters away bad odor, harmful bacteria, and water impurity.
It is capable of circulating mist in two directions at the same time thanks to its double 360-degree rotatable mist nozzles.
This can serve a space of up to 150 metre-cube or 5,297 cube-feet at its maximum output of 330 ml/h or 0.08 gallon per hour.
- It produces cool mist.
- It is extremely quiet.
- It is sleek, small, and easy to carry.
- It does not have settings below 40 RH.
This humidifier has an upgraded LED display that is beautiful to look at. Besides the upgraded LED display, it also has a built-in timer, a sleep mode, and a 360-degree rotatable nozzle. It measures 8.1 x 5.3 x 11.3 inches.
It is so silent when it is working, you can afford to put it by your bedside without fear of having to be woken up by a loud sound.
If the 4-litre water tank is filled, it can work for 15 hours straight. It uses its microporous cartridge to filter water from impurities like bad odor and micro organisms.
One standout feature is the ability to set the humidity level. This allows the user to set the humidity level at an ideal range where it would neither be too hot or too cold.
- It is easy to refill.
- It has a night setting.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is not completely silent as the sound of the fan whirs.
This humidifier offers a choice between a warm and cool mist. Beautifully designed with a handle and a digital display, it can effectively serve a room of up to 650 square feet.
It weighs only 8 pounds and measures 15.2 x 8.8 x 15.4 inches. Its water tank contains as much as 1.8 gallons which allow it to run for a very long time. With the help of the Hydro Cell, the water stays fresh for a long period too.
At night when you want to go to bed, you can put it on night mode and you would get the silence you need to grab a sound sleep. The digital display is also self-explanatory and would remind you on when it needs to be refilled as well as when it needs to be cleaned.
- A full water tank can last 2 to 3 nights.
- It is silent.
- The handle of the water tank is well made.
- The tank cannot be filled from the top.
For those who want to humidify a medium to large room, this humidifier is just perfect. It offers an electronic control option for choosing any of a 3-speed setting, 12-hour timer, and night light. With a large 2 gallon capacity, it can run for as much as 120 hours.
It does not support the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the water tank. Its silver clean protection ensures that.
It disperses warm or cool mist based on the option that suits you best. It works great for those suffering from allergies, cold, and dry skin.
It weighs 5.6 pounds and measures 8 x 15.6 x 11.5 inches.
- It can serve a medium ti large room
- It has electronic control options.
- It is silent.
- It is pretty basic with just a few settings.
This humidifier uses vortex circulation to humidify a room as large as 600 square feet. It leaves the room very comfortable.
There are push button controls which are easy to use as you choose your preferred humidity. The LED lights that make it easy to confirm settings. It uses an electronic humidistat to automatically control humidity. If you prefer, the humidistat can be allowed to run continuously. The fan has three speed settings of low, high, and auto.
It has a one-gallon water tank capacity and can produce a 2-gallon output daily. This humidifier which weighs about 6.1 pounds is made for 120 volts only. One of the ways through which this humidifier maintains an even room temperature is by recovering heat from the ceiling and circulating it.
- Its fan has 3 speed settings.
- It recovers and circulates heat from the ceiling.
- It uses an electronic humidistat to control humidity.
- The fan makes noise.
Quick Tips for Using a Humidifier Safely
Lots of kids have benefited from the use of humidifiers in treating cracked lips, dry skin, nagging cough, and stuffy noses. It remains a very popular tool for parents.
Although humidifiers are used by parents to treat problems, a humidifier may also harbor a deadly mold or bacteria if it is not used properly. To avoid such an occurrence, here are some quick tips for using a humidifier safely:
1. MONITOR HUMIDITY LEVEL: Molds are known to grow in spaces that are over-humidified. Depending on the season, the level of humidity changes constantly.
It is typically higher during summer months. The most likely rooms in a home that are usually warm and damp enough for molds to grow are the bathrooms and kitchens. The best thing to do is to use a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level of a room or buy a humidifier with an in-built humidistat.
Your aim is to have the rooms in your home maintain less than 50 percent of humidity as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. REGULARLY CLEAN THE HUMIDIFIER: One other environment where mold thrives is in dirty water. Chances are that the left over water in the humidifier may be contaminated.
To be certain that the water in the humidifier is clean, always empty the tank on a daily basis. Before refilling it, take some time to clean the tank and have it dried properly. As an addition, in the space of three days, use Hydrogen Peroxide which kills bacteria and is known to be less noxious than bleach to clean the humidifier.
As a safety precaution, always unplug the humidifier before having it cleaned or while refilling it. Be sure to keep the area of the humidifier dry and also clean it before and after storing it.
3. ALWAYS MAKE USE OF DISTILLED WATER: Tap water typically contains minerals which over time may build up in the humidifier and encourage the growth of bacteria.
Tap water is best avoided. It is highly recommended to use demineralized or distilled water. If you see any deposit or film in the process of cleaning the humidifier, do not fail to have it removed.
4. INSTAL NEW FILTERS: Manufacturers of humidifiers do have a recommended period of having the filters changed.
Be sure to follow their instructions. However, if it happens that your humidifier gets quite dirty before the recommended period, do not fail to replace the filter immediately.
5. BE CREATIVE: There are always alternatives. Try all you can to explore ways to manage the humidity of your home.
For instance, when you are alone in the house and have to bathe, the bathroom door may be left open to increase the level of humidity. If your challenge is to treat a dry skin or so, options like taking fruits and using healthy lotions exist.
In truth, there is a great need to use a humidifier safely. Humidifiers are designed to help parents treat dry skin and its likes.
Care should be taken to ensure it does not turn out to be a nest for molds and bacteria which may cause a child to develop allergies or asthma.
The Pros and Cons of Humidifiers
There are lots of Humidifiers designed to suit different climates and seasons. Regardless of the type, they make life comfortable for people. Here are some of the pros and cons of Humidifiers:
1. Cleanliness: Humidifiers are usually easy to clean. This is a good thing considering that cleaning them is meant to be a daily thing. It would have been terrible if what is expected to be cleaned everyday is difficult to clean. The task is made much easier as they use filters to capture impurities.
2. Maintenance: It does not cost tons of money to maintain a Humidifier. Designed to be simple, there are few parts which are liable to break down and require maintenance to be done on it. Their simplicity explains a lot why their cost of maintenance is quite low or nonexistent.
3. Cost: It does not cost so much to own a Humidifier. With the different designs and types available, Humidifiers are very affordable across board and can be fitted into a tight budget.
4. Quiet: There is no fear of your beauty sleep being troubled as you use a Humidifier. They are so silent, you can even have it placed by your bedside without even realizing it is there. It goes about its functionality without disturbing the peace of anyone in the room.
5. Cold/Flu: Humidity has always caused people to suffer from the flu and various other ailments. By controlling the humidity of a room, this challenge has been effectively tackled with the proper use of Humidifiers. The chances of suffering from cold or the flu is greatly reduced for people who make use of them.
1. Children's Safety: As great as Humidifiers are, they pose a potential physical threat to children. Leaving a child alone in a room with a Humidifier may result in the child going to push against it. If it falls on the child, injuries might be sustained. In as much as children also need the benefits of a Humidifier, it requires that an adult be around constantly.
2. Contamination: There is always a chance of a Humidifier being contaminated by bacteria. This is one of its drags. Care always has to be taken to prevent this through proper cleaning and other preventive measures. The fact that the water used is a stagnant one and is never boiled, there is always the chance of it being contaminated with bacteria.
3. Mineral Dust: The accumulutaion of mineral dust is one disadvantage associated with the use of Humidifiers. This is a result of a regular use of mineralized water. Over time, it accumulates to form lots of harmful mineral dust.
4. Energy Efficiency: They are not necessarily efficient when it comes to the matter of energy. In a world where being efficient is the watchword, some Humidifiers fall short in that regard. Owners are then forced to deal with high energy costs.
Getting the best out of Humidifiers require that they be cleaned on a regular basis and properly taken care of. They afford so many benefits and their disadvantages are few and quite negligible.
When it comes to selecting the perfect humidifier there are a number of things you must put into consideration if you want the best there is. These things include:
- Performance- the best humidifier is one that has the ability to offer continuous service for 24 hours.
- Features- as far as features are concerned you need to shop depending on the kind of a humidifier you want. Know the features you would want before you go shopping.
- Design- the kind of a design you may want for your humidifier will entirely depend on your taste, preference as well as the space set aside for the humidifier.
- Service and warranties- it advisable to go for a humidifier that offers you service warranties. Most humidifiers offer up to 1-year warranty, so ensure that the kind of a humidifier you settle for offers 1 year or more when it comes to service warranty. You can consider buying from a company that stands with their products for a long period of time.