If you are looking for the best available crib mattress, this guide is a good fit for you.
When it comes to looking for an ideal crib mattress, there are several essential factors one must put into consideration. There are quite a number of baby mattre&sses in the market today. Therefore, you need to know which bedding is ideal for your baby and what factors will facilitate your decision.
A baby bed is not all about the rectangular shape, being firm or having that adorable print design. You may go for looks and end up having something really decent mattress, but will it meet all the factors you desire for your baby mattress.
An ideal baby mattress is supposed to maintain its firm form for quite some time. However, this factor will depend on the mattress’ reliability depending on the type and qualities that have been used to make the baby cot.
Spring mattresses tend to be heavier than foam mattresses due to the material that is used to manufacture them. However, they are more durable at the center where the baby tends to sleep.
On the other hand, foam mattresses are a bit light, easier to move, replace and clean linens. When it comes to safety precautions the best baby cot is also one that perfectly fits your baby’s crib, this ensures that your baby does not stand a chance of getting their leg or arm stuck in the space causing injury.
This is one of the best baby mattresses in the market due to the fact that it is eco-friendly and a popular model as well. This baby cot is safe, hypo allergic, affordable and eco-friendly. This baby mattress is ideal for caregivers and parents who are in need of a safe baby mattress that is in a position to effectively support their baby for their entire toddler years.
This mattress is wrapped in a fire barrier that is woven from minerals and it is then covered with a water stain, odor resistant, and medical grade fabric. Every parent would feel at peace when they know that their baby’s mattress is made from natural and safe materials.
The only con that most customers have complained about is the fact that this mattress tends to be quite firm, however, it is still very soft. This can also be a good thing since you are assured of the durability of your baby mattress. This mattress is made from foam for the mattress fill material; it is antimicrobial and organic as well.
It has overall dimensions of 27.5” for the width and 52” for the length, an overall thickness of 5” and an overall weight of 8.2lbs.
This is a lightweight mattress that has been made from American soybean oils instead of harmful chemicals that end up causing your baby allergies or illnesses.
Its outer wrap is manufactured from natural cotton that plays a major role in ensuring that toddlers the most ultimate level when it comes to comfort. This mattress measures 27.25 inches wide and 51.63 inches long, this is an ideal for size for nearly all standard sized toddler cots and beds.
Its thickness can also comfortably fit your standard sized baby bed sheets since it measures 5 inches. As far as your baby’s comfort is concerned, this should be your ideal choice since it has a high-density memory form that perfectly suits your newborn’s needs as well as offers an ideal comfort level for young children and toddler too.
One of the best features that this mattress has is its durability. If you are looking for a durable mattress then this should be just the mattress for your baby.
This mattress also passes the all the safety certifications required for a baby mattress, so you can be sure that our baby will sleep on the safest mattress in the market. When it comes to the weight and age limit, Sealy manufacturers recommend this mattress for infants, toddler and young children who are not past the age of 4 years.
Its maximum weight limits goes up to 60 pounds. However, if you are looking for a dual-purpose mattress, this mattress may not meet all your needs since its firmness and form density is equal on both sides.
This mattress is one of the best mattresses in the market due to the fact that it is high quality, lightweight since it weighs 9.6lbs, and it has an orthopedic style that is dual firmness toddler and infant foam crib mattress.
The firm infant side is quite firm so as to ensure that your infant is able to rest comfortably, while as the toddler side is not as firm as the infant side so as to comfortably support the toddler’s bodies. This mattress also comes with an organic cotton cover (certified) with an effective waterproof backing as well.
The organic cotton cover is placed right where the baby is supped to sleep while as the waterproof backing plays a major role in ensuring that nothing gets into the mattress.
It also has inverted seams that give the baby mattress a sleek appearance. As far as safety is concerned, this mattress is CertiPur-US certified hence making it one of the safest mattresses you can select for your baby.
This mattress is eco-friendly and has dimensions measuring 27.5*52*inches. It is also made from plant oils so you can be sure that your baby will sleep in a safe chemical free environment. This mattress offers your baby that comfortable rest they desire.
The best part about this mattress happen to be the fact that it comes with a high density thermo-bonded fiber core that plays a major role in ensuring your baby’s safety as well as firm support. It also has a hypo allergic sleeping surface that is free from lead and phthalates that can be harmful to your baby’s health.
It also comes with a tear-resistant cover that effectively resists odors, mildew, and stains. Cleaning this mattress is also very easy since it comes with a waterproof cover that you can easily wipe clean whenever the need arises. It is a lightweight mattress that weighs 6.4 pounds and can comfortably fit any standard sized baby bunk or toddler bed.
This mattress measures 27.5 inches wide and 52 inches long, this is an ideal for size for nearly all standard sized toddler bunks and beds. Its thickness can also comfortably fit your standard sized baby bunk sheets since it measures 5 inches.
This mattress also passes the all the safety certifications required for a baby mattress, so you can be sure that our baby will sleep on the safest mattress in the market. If you are looking for a mattress that will perfectly fit your baby bunk or toddler bed without even having to have the measurements, then this is an ideal choice in the market. Some customers claim that this mattress is very soft but this is not the case. It is soft enough for your newborn and firm enough for your toddler.
One of the exciting things parents do is to get a crib mattress for their babies. This can present a challenge, especially for first-time parents. It explains the importance of learning how to choose a crib mattress for your nursery. The following tips will help you shop for your baby’s safe and comfortable mattress:
1. Ensure It Is Specified For Babies: It is essential for the safety of your baby that the crib mattress you acquire is made specifically for babies. Following the recommendation of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, insist on an extremely firm mattress as soft sleeping surfaces have been proven to increase the risk of SIDS and also create a suffocation hazard for babies. You may prefer to go for a double-sided mattress instead. They come with one side being very firm and the other much softer. Parents who worry about their baby’s long-term comfort opt for this type of crib mattress.
2. Research The Different Types of Mattresses: Considering that several types of crib mattresses exist, you need to research each one. Knowing their benefits and potential problems will help you decide on the one you are most comfortable with. The models which you need to choose from include foam, innerspring, and organic.
3. Buy The Right Size: There is no gainsaying the importance of ensuring that your baby’s mattress is the right fit. This ensures the safety of your child against injury or suffocation. The rule of thumb does not allow more than two fingers of space to exist between a crib frame and the mattress.
4. Buy The Crib First: To simplify the entire process, it makes sense to buy a crib first before going for the mattress. Since the size of cribs vary, knowing its exact measurement will guide you during the purchase of a mattress.
5. Ensure The Mattress Has Sufficient Venting: The vents in a mattress allow air to flow freely making it easy for moisture to escape. Some benefits of buying a mattress with sufficient venting include the prevention of mold, odor, and mildew. Any mattress with sufficient venting will have small, reinforced holes by its sides. It is an added advantage to have lots of these ventilation holes.
6. Consider An Organic Mattress: Based on the works of both researchers and medical professionals, it is alleged that chemicals are left over from the manufacturing process. They have the tendency to escalate existing medical conditions and also create dangerous health problems. This is why an organic mattress remains the best in terms of ensuring that your baby’s sleeping environment remains chemical-free.
7. Be On The Lookout For Independent Certification: There are specific safety standards which any crib mattress sold in the United States is expected to meet. They are guided by the American Society for Testing and Materials as well as the CPSC. In the case of organic mattresses, a certification by the Global Organic Textile Standards and independent interest groups such as the Environmental Working Group is important.
8. Do Not Bother So Much With Warranties: Having a warranty in place for the crib mattress you buy is important. However, it is not the most important criteria for choosing your baby’s mattress. As long as you get a high-quality mattress, it will last a long time and offer comfort to your baby.
9. Do Not Buy A Second-Hand Crib Mattress: At first, it may look as though you are saving your hard-earned dollars. However, the potential problems associated with buying a used crib mattress far outweighs the temporary dollars gained. For starters, it may have become uneven and soft, or possibly harbor any of bacteria, fungus, mildew, or mold in its core. Bearing in mind the importance of keeping a crib mattress in good condition, ensure it is kept clean and dry while in use in order to maintain its shape and firmness if you intend to hand it to a second owner or use it for your next baby.
10. Buy A Water-Resistant Mattress Or Cover: It is common knowledge that babies leak making the purchase of water-resistant covers a great idea. You may not need to buy one if the mattress you buy comes with a laminated nylon surface. Such mattresses have the capacity to last a long time based on their ability to repel all manner of yuck. Organic mattresses rarely come in a water-resistant model.
Take your time to choose the best crib mattress in 2018.