There are lots of strollers to choose from in the market. This means that investing in strollers is not as easy as a walk in the park. The challenge of having different types of strollers to choose from will not be a worry once you know why it's worth it to invest in a quality stroller. The reasons are:
1. Longevity: Cheap strollers do not last as long as quality ones. The build of a quality jogging or double jogging strollers prevents it from vibrating or wobbling excessively as you jog with it. Since your baby is likely to use the strollers for some years, investing in a good stroller that lasts will save you a lot of money, time and resources in the long run.
2. Daily Exercise: Your desire to exercise does not have to suffer because you need to stay at home and look after your kids. Investing in a good strollers makes it possible for you to go for a jog with your baby or preschoolers. This can be a motivation for you to go for a jog almost every day. As you keep your body in shape, the kids will also have a lot of fun and take in some fresh air when you go out with them.
3. Great Functionality: Cheap strollers offer the bare basics. While this may seem affordable at the time, the features it lacks will tell in the long run. A good jogging strollers come with an adjustable handle bar which can be set to suit the height of a parent as he or she pushes the stroller. Another great to have feature are air-filled wheels. Unlike wheels made of plastic, these bicycle-like wheels are suitable for most terrains. You can find more features in a quality stroller.
4. Convenience: It is important to prioritize convenience and portability when you decide to invest in strollers. The key to having a great experience when you go out with your kids in a stroller is to choose one that offers convenience. Some considerations may include ease of folding it with one hand, not being too heavy, among other great features.
5. Good Resale Value: A good quality stroller does not end its life cycle with you. By the time your baby grows and has no need for the strollers anymore, it will still be good enough to be resold. It is possible to recoup some money you invested when you sell it as a used stroller. The quality of the strollers will make it remain in good conditions
Although it is not an easy task to pick a stroller from the various types available in the market, your role is to find a balance between the price of a stroller and the value which it offers. Considering that the benefits of investing in a good stroller outweighs the price, it is best for parents to go for it. Put simply, the best way to enjoy strollers is to make an investment in one that has good quality.
To get the best out of a humidifier, you have got to do everything right. Like they say, everything in its place and every place its thing.
There are just certain things you do not want happening just because you want to enjoy the pleasure of a humidifier.
They include a child mistakenly pushing it over and getting injured in the process, or a child pulling the cord from the socket and getting a slight shock.
This may lead you to ask: What is the best place to place a humidifier?
1. Where It Benefits The Entire Family The Most: This is the first thing to decide on.
Humidifiers are recommended for use at home in order to enjoy benefits such as dry skin remedy, help with certain medical problems, and of course, to breathe easier.
This means it benefits the entire family. In that case, the best place to start is to put it in the family room where everyone stands an equal chance of enjoying the benefits of a humidifier.
2. Where It Would Satisfy Your Needs: Typically, the first place to think of is the family room because it is large in addition to the fact that it is the most likely place where it would benefit the entire household.
The truth is, it does not just stop there. You must have sized your room by now. This gives you a better idea of where to place it.
If you need to add moisture to a dry room, it is best to place it in the room where the need for it is more. After all, that is the main reason for getting the humidifier in the first place.
3. Where You Benefit Personally: There is every likelihood that you bought a humidifier just to enjoy an extra humidity.
This means that your home does not have any room which needs a humidifier critically for people to be able to stay in it.
Once it is for a personal reason, it is not compulsory that you place it in the family room. Where you place it now depends in which room in your home that you spend more time in.
4. Correct Placement: By now you must have decided if the humidifier would be placed in the family room, a particular room which needs a humidifier, or simply a room where you can enjoy the extra humidity.
What you now have to deal with is the correct place to keep it so it does not result in any form of an accident to a family member. The best place is a firm surface that is flat and level. Care should be taken to keep it a safe five inches from the walls or any other heat source.
Now that you have correctly placed your humidifier, ensure the surroundings are not wet and also avoid placing objects on the humidifier or close to it.
If there is a child in your home, or if it is placed in the child's room, extra caution should be taken to place it correctly for the sake of your child's health and safety.
Related Buyer’s guide:
The inside of a Humidifier is typically moist for a very obvious reason - water. It contains water which does not flow making it open to be contaminated by bacteria.
To prevent the risk of having mold form in its interior, different folks employ several measures to achieve this aim. This brings up the question: Is bleach safe in Humidifiers?
Do not just go for the use of a bleach on your unit just because you learned that certain folks do it. It is proper for you to read the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
You may find that the manufacturer of your unit expressly forbids the use of bleach. In such a situation, to avoid the risk of damaging your humidifier, you would then go for an alternative to using bleach.
Safe Use Of Bleach:
As long as the manufacturer of your unit does not forbid the use of bleach, it is very safe to use it in a Humidifier.
In fact, as far as disinfecting a Humidifier goes, the use of bleach is most ideal. Using it on a regular basis helps to kill any mold that may want to grow inside your unit. If molds grow inside your unit, what you get is mold spores being blown out instead of the intending moist.
The use of bleach in Humidifiers is safe. However, it has to be done safely in order not to result in any harm.
The first thing to do is measure a half cup of bleach and pour it into a gallon of water. You can then pour this mixture into your Humidifier.
You need your Humidifier to mist which means you have to run it for this purpose. When you find out that there is mist, turn it off and allow the bleach solution to remain in the unit for several more minutes. This process should kill any mold that may want to form inside it.
After giving it the time to allow the bleach solution to do its work, empty it out. Follow this up by pouring water into the unit for rinsing. Allow the water to run for several minutes.
You can stop running the water when you no longer smell bleach in the mist of the unit. Once you are sure the smell is no longer there, rinse the humidifier again. It is after this that you may now fill the Humidifier with the clean water required for you to safely use it.
What To Avoid:
Part of the reasons for using bleach in your humidifier is to have it smell very clean.
You must however avoid the impulse to add bleach in the water of your unit while it is in use. You can only do this when it is not in use. The major reason is to use it to kill molds and not to add it while in use to improve the smell of your unit.
Even when you clean out your Humidifier with a bleach, make sure you do it outside to allow for proper ventilation.
This is to avoid irritations that may occur when you inhale bleach mixture from the misting vent of your unit. This is quite risky to the lungs.
Why it is best to do it outside is to prevent accidents. There is every chance that while using the bleach a drop or two may drop on your rug or carpet and bleach.
So, the answer is yes to the question: Is bleach safe in Humidifiers? What you have to do is take proper precautions.
Check our Full Guide To Humidifiers
The major problems which Humidifiers are known to have resulted from uncleanliness of its filters. To get the best out of your Humidifier, you need to ensure at all times that it is kept clean. This process prevents it from getting contaminated with bacteria as well as build up some harmful mineral dust.
Since this is so important, knowing how to clean a Humidifier Filter is very essential. Here is how to go about the cleaning process:
1. Unplug The Humidifier: The first thing to do in order to avoid the unwanted story of a mild shock is to unplug the device from its electrical outlet. This is followed by the emptying of the water tray. Remember that the water in the tray is stagnant which is what bacteria needs to contaminate the device. This is why it is necessary to empty the water tray of its content.
2. Remove The Filter: To do this, you need to follow the set of instructions found in the instructor's manual. There is a need to avoid damage to the filter of any kind. Therefore, follow the instructions given by the manufacturer to remove the filter. Not every instructor's manual call it a filter, some may choose to go by the name 'filter wick'. Whichever one you see, they both mean the same thing.
You can check our guide to the best humidifier.
3. Prepare Your Mixture: You would be required to mix an equal part of vinegar and water if you intend to clean the filter as quickly as possible. Vinegar is known to clean filters very fast. Make sure the mixture is in a container that is big enough to contain the filter. Gently place the filter into the container and allow it to soak properly.
4. Soak It Completely: Truth is, Vinegar cleans a filter quite fast but you would need a minimum of an hour to achieve this purpose. Do not be in a hurry to bring out the filter until a minimum of an hour is gone. By this time, the filter must have been thoroughly soaked just the way you want it.
5. Inspect The Filter: After the minimum of one hour, you can bring out the filter from the mixture. Take time to inspect it for grime and deposits. If by any chance you still see that the filter is not as clean as you want it to be, place it back into the container and give it some more time.
6. Properly Rinse It: After the Vinegar-Water mixture has cleaned the filter, use clean water to rinse it well. Do not be in a hurry to place the filter back into the Humidifier. Give it some time to dry properly after you must have rinsed it. Only place it back when it dries.
7. Repeat Process Frequently: Regular checks should be done to be sure your Humidifier filter is always clean. Either follow the time period given by the manufacturer, or decide to do so on a weekly or monthly basis. You could also decide to keep a close eye on the filter and clean it just before it builds up mineral dust.
It is important to always keep the filter of a Humidifier clean in order to have it last and function properly.
Humidifiers play a great role in putting moisture back into the air.
For an environment free of airborne viruses which cause the flu, the humidity level needs to be at 43 percent or above.
Besides limiting the transmission of the influenza virus, humidifiers offer lots of health benefits when they put moisture back into the air. Some of the other benefits include:
1. Protection Against Infections: When the air in a room is moist, it reduces the ability of viruses and bacteria to travel.
These organisms are the cause of many infections.
To ensure that the humidity level of a room is maintained at a level which does not allow the free movement of bacteria and viruses, humidifiers are used to great effect.
2. Comfortable Sinuses : The good use of humidifiers are felt more greatly during the winter period.
During this period, humidity is usually dry, causing the air to dry out your sinuses. This makes you uncomfortable as it makes your nose and throat to feel dry.
To guard against such occurrence, it is best to sleep in a room with a humidifier.
3. Faster Healing: It is also possible that you may have already caught the flu or some other kind of infection. If left in an environment with dry humidity, it would surely take a longer time for you to heal.
To shorten the suffering of a person who has any of these infections, staying in an environment with moist air made possible by a humidifier will help a lot.
4. Reduced Snoring: People who snore, snore the loudest when their sinuses and throats are dry.
Using a humidifier to moisten the air will cause a person who snores not to snore as much since their sinuses and throats are moist.
5. Better Sleep: A good amount of sleep plays a great role in keeping a person healthy.
How much one gets is also determined by the level of comfort the person finds his or herself in.
This is one way humidifiers bring health benefits to people. By making a room moist and comfortable during winter periods, people tend to sleep better and longer.
6. Smooth Skin: There is the tendency to have broken or dry skin during the winter period.
Typically, dry humidity makes a person's skin dry up and one's lips chapped, as the moist on the skin and lips are easily sapped out.
This can be easily taken care of by staying in a moist room made possible by a humidifier.
7. Guard Against Nosebleeds: When your nose gets extremely dry, it may result in nosebleeds.
There is a need to stay in a room with a humidifier to always have your nose maintain the required level of moist it needs.
8. Hair and Scalp Protection: The human hair is made of collagen and collagens depend on moisture to remain flexible.
When one's hair and scalp does not get the required amount of moist it needs, it tends to become dry.
The dryness produces flakiness and a dry scalp which breeds dandruff. To maintain a healthy hair and scalp, using a humidifier to keep the environment moist is a necessity.
Humidifiers are of great benefit to mankind. If not for them, a lot of sufferings like nosebleeds and dry skins would deal with people seriously during winter periods that have dry humidity.
Don't Miss our Popular Buyer Guide: